Sure, you might not care about this… but I’m going to SF Tivoless. I might buy one when I get comfy, or maybe not (oh, who am I kidding, I am completely addicted to vitamin T)
In no particular order (I thought about ordering them but which do I put first, “guilty pleasures” or “feelgood”, “easy to watch” or “engrossing”?
- Northern Exposure – for when I need some existential cheering up
- Nip/Tuck – a hugely intelligent and disturbing show
- CBS News Sunday Morning – My aunt just recently suggested this to me. Thanks Dorty! It’s a bit like 60 Minutes.
- Blue Collar TV – Pretty funny. Comedy Central is becoming like a real network or something!
- Con – Because knowing is half the battle. And it’s still pretty fun to dream of what I’d be like if I were bad
- 24 – The most exciting hour of television all week. (next season starts in 6 months.. hurumph)
- Good Eats – That Alton Brown, he makes cooking into geekery!
- Scrubs – I really connect with this show (though I admit that after so many seasons of the exact same formula, I’m getting tired of the routine)
- The Daily Show – The best (fake) news program on television
- Mythbusters – It bugs me that they don’t always practice “good science” but hey, it’s good TV and they blow stuff up but good.
- Attack of the Show – It lost several points in my book as soon as G4 moved the studio from San Francisco to LA but it’s still a good geek show (as long as you have your finger on the fast-forward)
- Taxicab Confessions – the best and most real reality show I’ve ever seen. Episode #6 almost qualifies as my Budda.
- 60 Minutes
- 60 Minutes Wednesday
- Star Trek Voyager – It’s the smartest of the Trek series. It’s the only one I ever watch and not snicker at.
- Max & Ruby – the most zen program for 2-4 year olds that I’ve ever seen.
- Rough Science – They had another season, hurray!