My favorite food storage containers AKA “Tuppers” are the rectangular “Ikea 365+” line. Here’s why:
- The same top is used by ALL of the different sizes (34 ounce to 142 ounce) and materials (plastic and glass). No more rummaging for the right size lid!!!
- Having consistent dimensions, they stack well in the fridge and nest well on the storage shelf.
- Being rectangular, they use space more efficiently than a cylindrical or bowl shaped container.
- They are inexpensive and I can buy more of the exact same size, unlike the stupid “premium limited edition” food containers I’ve had in the past.
- Available in light & break-resistant plastic, and oven safe & stain-proof glass, I use them daily!
- 34 ounce plastic
- 34 ounce glass
- 68 ounce plastic
- 61 ounce glass (the mate for the 68 oz. glass)
I’ve had them now for a few years and they’ve stood up well. The plastic appear to be polypropylene, as they read “P.P.”
The 142 ounce containers use the same lids but I don’t have any yet.
The only downside I’ve found so far is that the 34 ounce size is too big for what you’d consider “small” leftovers. If it doesn’t make a mess, I will sometimes put two different small leftovers in the same container. They make a sectioning system that I should try out!