Are you tired of those sissy ‘friendship’ poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality? Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship. You will see no cute little smiley faces on this, just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.
- When you are sad ~ I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad.
- When you are blue ~ I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
- When you smile ~ I will know you are thinking of something that I would probably want to be involved in.
- When you are scared ~ I will rag on you about it every chance I get until you’re NOT.
- When you are worried ~ I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining.
- When you are confused ~ I will try to use only little words.
- When you are sick ~ Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don’t want whatever you have.
- When you fall ~ I will laugh at your clumsy ass, but I’ll help you up.
- This is my oath ….. I pledge it to the end. ‘Why?’ you may ask ~ because you are my friend.
Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.