Here are some tips on how to find new businesses in an area
1. California Contractors State License Board Updates daily with newest license numbers. Go
up one number at a time and check the city… the latest number is about 900,000.
2. www.yellowpages.com Select yellow pages, basic search. Enter heading name and area. Scroll down to “all listings” and identify new listings
5. City/County Business Lists – Check AT&T Government pages (pg 4 for city Offices – Finance Department or Business License Department; pg 5 or so for the county clerk recorders office address and ph #. Some offices will mail/email you directly the list Ã¶n an on-going basis
6. Newspapers (Sacramento Bee and any free ones out there; Classifieds, Home & Garden Section)
7. Valupak – Coupons (or any other coupons, junk mail or items thrown on your doorstep); Clipper Magazine or other coupons magazines that get mailed to you.
8. Have lunch/drive in parking lots of building materials, hardware Stores, lumber Stores, plumbing supply Stores, landscape supply Stores, etc. Where contractors get their supplies.
9. Have lunch/drive in parking lots of Fast Food restaurants at lunchtime. Great time to catch contractors eating lunch/collect numbers on trucks.
10. Attend Chamber Mixers, Community Events, Home Shows
11. Pick up monthly chamber newsletters at the beginning of each month for new members, upcoming events, i.e. ribbon cutting ceremonies.
12. Check community/bulletin boards, Collect cards and post your own. Coffee shops, churches, gyms, bakeries, car washes, pet supply Stores or warehouses, etc.
13. Join a local association – NETWORK!
14. Look for signs. ‘Grand Opening’, ‘Under New Management’, ‘Corning Soon’ This includes signs that contractor stick in the ground or set up on a Job site.