I told a bunch of people that I was leaving at 3:30 for my 5:30 flight… I didn’t think too much of it… nobody said anything… I’ve done it lots of times before….. right? Hey, what’s all this fog doing in my brain?
- left home at 3:30 for a 5:35 flight
- made deposit at ATM
- mailed express mail package
- 3:45, called sister from exit 30
- got on 287
- got on 24
- small tie up getting onto 78
- drove under "Welcome to Newark Airport" sign at 4:30, “An hour before the flight, a little tight, but no problem.”
- got parking ticket at 4:37 (so says the ticket)
- walked into Terminal
- Found "Continental Elite" checkin station
- Found "All You Riff-Raff" checkin station
- Got in line at 4:58
- Checked in at 5:05
- No wait, the flight is at 5:20. They had changed it a month ago and notified me but I hadn’t groked that.
- Booked for 7am flight the next day
- Left parking lot at 5:25 in a crushed daze.
- 5:45 Got in bizarro argument with mother where she kept trying to
manipulate my unhappiness. Hung up on her.
- 5:50 called sister
- 5:55 called S.H. with change of plans
- 6:00 ate greasy gross dinner at Popeyes Chicken, enjoying how much I
disliked the food.
- 6:30 moped in restaurant
- 6:45 wandered Hudson Mall aimlessly (and realized that it had 2 Foot
Locker stores less than 200 feet apart… that insanity got my mind off my problem for a couple minutes)
- 7:00 drove back to Bumpkettstown
- 8:45 Got there after sucky sucky drive. I almost fell asleep on the
highway… (which is why I can’t go to parties in NYC…. On 2 different
occations I’ve taken > 4 hrs to get home because I kept needing to pull over
- 9:45 bed time. I’ve got to leave for the airport at 4 am.