I got a book in EPUB format and wanted to read it on my Amazon Fire HD 8 (5th Generation). It’s easy to do once you know the secret recipe:
- Get the free Calibre e-book management tool
- Use Calibre to convert your EPUB file to AZW3 format (the native Kindle ebook format)
- Connect your Amazon Fire to your computer with a USB cable
- Using the USB connection, find the folder named “Books” on your Amazon Fire HD
- Copy the AZW3 book file into the Books folder
- Open your Kindle app on your Amazon Fire HD
- Rejoice for the books are on your bookshelf!
Before figuring this out with the great help of my friend Michael, I tried several other methods unsuccessfully. See what doesn’t work.