10 things you shouldn’t buy in 2014
Here’s a list I ran across that tracks well with my life: 10 things you shouldn’t buy in 2014
- Cable TV – I watch on Youtube, Netflix, Hulu. The largest screen in my house is 17″ across, but I prefer to watch TV on the 15″ screen I’m sitting at while typing this right now.
- Landline phone service
- GPS devices – This week when I was driving Megan’s Prius I set my Android running Google Maps in front of the GPS screen in the car. The car’s GPS is kinda terrible
- DVD and Blu-ray players
- Hotel Rooms – Airbnb is the thing baby!
- Two-year cell phone contracts – I’m in Virgin Mobile now and maybe changing to AIO Wireless (which runs on Cingular’s old service. I loved my old Cingular before AT&T ate it. Ma Bell recently spat it out again as “AT&T Mobility“)
- Desktop and Laptop Computers – I’m seriously thinking of getting a Phablet phone (one of those giant screen phones that’s almost a tablet). And My Desktop computer now sits idle most of the time :-(
- Extra Legroom in Economy –
- Credit Cards with Points or Miles Programs – They say the 1-5% cash back cards are becoming the rage. I dunno about that, I’ve been working those airline deals pretty well. We’ll see how it goes.
- Digital Cameras – Seriously, why carry a small camera when your phone has an awesome one? Maybe a pro DSLR is worthwhile if you need the pro flexibility