I wrote this list in response to watching the movie Shall We Dance with Richard Gere on my way to San Francisco in February 2005. I have only now gotten around to transcribing it. I think that it is a good list.
What I learned from Shall We Dance
- Follow your dreams, even when they take you in unexpected and even threatening directions. Keep hold of your foundations and things are bound to go well.
- Don’t be afraid or ashamed. There will be times when you -are- afraid or ashamed. Let the natural course of events overcome.
- When you see a chance for happiness, take it.
- Be proud of what you love.
- Allow new passions in your life.
- Don’t let your fears control you. Don’t sweat it when it does. It happens to us all.
- I cry often during movies in which people dance.
- The substance of what epassions you is much less important than the spirit and energy that is put into it. The spirit -is- the substance, and that will show.