I had a problem re-configuring an HP PSC 2510 photosmart all-in-one printer. I wanted to change the router that the printer was connected to.
The stupid blue light on top of the printer wouldn’t come on, indicating that it was connected to the router via ethernet.
The key turned out to be: unplug the printer for 2 full minutes. After that, when I turned it on, I got a network connection and could continue installation.
Full instructions for configuring the printer on a wireless network:
- Unplug printer for 2 minutes
- Plug printer into router via ethernet
- Turn on printer and wait for blue light
- Install HP software. Note that it takes 30 minutes
- The printer will eventually be assigned an IP address. It might take 2 full minutes longer than you think it should. Go to the Network setting on the printer and print out the network configuration
- On the computer, go to http://nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn to set the SSID, WEP, etc.
- Disconnect the printer from the router.
- The printer’s blue light will turn off. It might take another 2 minutes for the light to come back on. If it doesn’t, check the network settings on the printer to make sure that the radio is on.
- Revel in the wirelessness of it all.