Update 2-15-12: Read my full review of Fungavir.
Text in bold italics below are updates.
I had written a scathing post about Fungavir, calling it a scam. I’ve removed this post. I now think I was a little too aggressive in my wording. I spoke with one of the owners of Fungavir a couple days ago and they have begun rewording their web site and changing some of their practices to be more realistic. made a couple tiny changes to their site but the vast majority of the weasel words and scammer language remain. The ingredients in Fungavir are somewhat effective at fighting toenail and fingernail fungus, but there is absolutely nothing special about it. They charge 10 times the price for ingredients you can already find at your local pharmacy.
I was introduced to Fungavir by a comment spam that appeared on my site, which is not an auspicious start.
The wording on their site had some is full of scammer language:
* testimonials that seemed too good to be true
* vague promises with meaningless copy like “double action” and “killing the fungus while working to heal the affected area” and… well, much of the language on the site.
* lies like “Fungavir has double the amount of Undecylenic Acid than any other nail fungus treatment”
* product images such that look like product might only exist in Photoshop
* Site icons with no substantiation like “Green Certified Site”, “GMP”, “Made in an FDA Registered Facility”, and “Google Checkout” (they don’t use Google Checkout)
The ingredients appear to be just a collection of all the topical anti-fungals mixed into one bottle. Yeah, that might work, but I’m guessing it’ll work as well as well as any other topical, which is to say, “It might work but don’t hold your breath.”
The guy at Fungavir has said he is going to change their website. I’m going to give him the chance. But if he doesn’t since he didn’t come up with more realistic language on his site in a month or so, I’ll be reposting my original article and then some.
For more info on nail fungus, read the several posts and followup comments on my blog about nail fungus.
There are many discussions about nail fungus going on on my blog. Search my blog for the word “fungus” for more.