ZAP L-Series Remote Control Electrical Outlet Switch Manual
Megan got me a remote control switch set for Xmas. It works great.
It’s the Etekcity Wireless Remote Control Electrical Outlet Switch for Household Appliances (Learning Code, 5Rx-2Tx)
Instead of trying to hold onto the manual pamphlet, I put it here:
Uses 1 12V / LR23A battery in the remote control
maximum load of 10 amps
transmit frequency 433.92MHz
Programming the outlets
– Note: the outlets are pre-programmed for immediate use, but the configuration can be customized to meet your needs.
To program a remote control transmitter and outlet switch receiver:
– Plug the outlet switch into a socket and turn it on.
– Press and hold the programming button on the right side of the outlet until the LED indicator begins to flash.
– Release the programming button and then press the desired On or Off button on the remote.
– The pairing is successful when the LED indicator stops flashing.
Resetting an outlet (cancel all pairings)
To cancel all pairings so that no remote control will control it:
– Remove the outlet from the power socket.
– Press and hold the programming button.
– Plug the outlet back into the power socket while continuing to hold the programming button.
– Hold the programming button for approximately 5 seconds until the LED indicator begins to flash.
– When the LED flashes rapidly several times and stops, the outlet has been reset.
I have basement lights/ garage/ living room lights program in ! When I turn garage lights on the basement light comes on also why ?
TWO OF THEM WERE WORKING FINE THEN THEY STOPPED I TRIED TO RESET BUT THE LIGHT DOESN’T GO BACK ON.
The same is happening to me Shel… did you find a fix?
I have the Zap, 3L.
Wondering where I can get a remote!
Sorry, I don’t know. I bought mine on Amazon but I don’t know where to get individual remotes.
Every time I shut off one of my lights the outlet shuts off. I have to press the button on the side to get the light to come on again with the remote.
Thank you for these instructions. I’ve been driving myself crazy with my five Zap outlets after losing instructions
Glad to help!