Looking for iPhone Offline Website Caching
I’m using wikis more and more for business. I have a lot of content that I need access to on a daily basis. I need to be assured of having access to this data wherever I go. Some examples include the phone numbers and addresses for my tutoring clients, shopping lists for my classes, todo items for my business.
What I want is an application to crawl each of my several private mediawiki sites and make them available offline on my iPhone.
Some products that almost fit the bill include:
- Instapaper – can’t grab password protected pages
- Several Wikipedia caching programs – really close! If they could grab my password protected Mediawiki sites, I’d be set
- Evernote – I haven’t tried it yet but I don’t think this is what I want
- I can make html archives of my Mediawiki sites. I can view this on my laptop which is good. I would like to view them on my iPhone.
- Apps that make Data URLs like Filemark Maker are nice but it’s a multi-step process involving my home computer
- Web pages saved on the PC then viewed with Dropbox. Again it’s multi-step process each time I want a new archive. Maybe I/you could crawl my site with wget and throw that into Dropbox. The HTML archive won’t be pretty and I’d have to manually “Favorite” a lot of pages.
Do you know of an application that can do this? Or maybe you’ll like to write it, becoming rich and famous?