Here’s how to get off junk mail lists
(via) and verified by my research
- Stop “prescreened” offers. Companies check your credit with the big credit reporting agencies all the time. Stop these offers and all those pre-approved credit card offers etc… go to www.OptOutPrescreen.com or call 1-888-567-8688.
- Get off telemarketers mailing lists with the federal Do Not Call list, www.DoNotCall.gov
- Tell the Direct Marketing Association you don’t want junk mail, www.dmachoice.org/consumerassistance.php
- Register at catalogchoice.org and decline individual catalogs that you already receive.
- Sign up for proquo.com and get off a bunch of junk mail lists.
- For all those catalogs you get because you bought something from them 10 years ago, call them or find them online and ask to be removed from their list.
- Get off the Redplum / Valassis faux-newspaper mailing list with ads from Safeway, Luckys etc
- Lots more tidbits