This recipe has a history! Years ago (Tami is pretty darn sure it was about 1970 but Marlene thinks it was some time between 1945 and 1954 or so), this was a famous secret recipe at the VFW Hall in Peckville. Scabbie Ligi (Though Marlene thinks his last name is Ledivichi) worked in the kitchen at the hall. Well, it came to pass that there was a falling out between Scabbie and the VFW folks. So he left and took a copy of the recipe with him! When Ida asked him for the recipe, he was all too happy to give it to her. So she made it for the family ever since!
From Tami 10-8-08:
- Oil the bottom of a cookie sheet or pan
- Salt & Pepper the chicken and put it in the pan
- Chop: dill, parsley, garlic & mix with softened margarine
- Coat chicken with margarine mixture
- Add water to the pan to keep it moist
- Bake 375 for about 50 minutes, but keep checking and don’t overcook