From RecipesJump to navigationJump to search
Lee first made it June 2017. Light, sweet and tasty!
This makes 2 pies. You can 1/2 the recipe.
- 6 Vidalia Onions, thinly sliced. Julliened is good
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesean cheese for topping
- 1 pinch paprika
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (or none at all!)
- 2 9" pie shells
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a medium skillet, cook onions in butter for about 10 minutes, or until clear and soft; stir often. Reserve juices.
- In a large bowl, mix onions with eggs and sour cream. Stir in onion juices, butter and cheese. Add salt and pepper and hot sauce to taste. Make sure all ingredients are well blended and then pour into the 2 pie shells.
- Sprinkle grated cheese and paprika on top of pies. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Lower temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 30 to 40 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Let cool for a few minutes to settle before slicing.
- Good to eat out of the fridge or warmed.