Megan's Quick and Delicious Pasta Sauce
From RecipesJump to navigationJump to search
Quick and Delicious Pasta Sauce
- 1-2 T coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 fresh sausages (or ground meat)
- 1, 14-oz can fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- ½ pint sugar plum tomatoes from TJ’s chopped in half
- ½-1 cup frozen spinach
- 1 yellow bell pepper roughly chopped
- ½ pint chicken broth
- Sauté onions & garlic in pan with coconut oil.
- Add sausage/meat and sauté. Set aside meat for later.
- Add fresh and canned tomatoes and spinach.
- Add chicken broth if too thick.
- Simmer at low heat for awhile (20-30 min.)
- About 5 min before you’re ready to eat, add bell pepper. Return meat to pan.
- Simmer another 5 min or so.
- Serve over quinoa pasta (or your favorite kind).
Pan Seared Brussels Sprout
- 1-2T coconut oil
- 30-40 fresh Brussels sprouts (on the stalk if possible) cut in half
- ½ yellow onion diced
- Warm up cast iron pan.
- Add coconut oil.
- Sauté onion a 2 min.
- Add Brussels sprouts.
- Cook at med-high heat to sear flat sides. Stir as needed to brown but not burn.
- Lower heat, cover with lid, add a little chicken stock to help steam sprouts.
- Test with fork, and serve al dente.
Made by Megan 10-14-12