From RecipesJump to navigationJump to search
Union Oyster House Cornbread
- 6 oz butter (1 1/2 sticks) softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup corn meal
- 2 cups milk
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 drop yellow food coloring (optional)
- Cream butter, sugar, salt, baking powder.
- Add eggs, cream until light and fluffy.
- Pour in oil, corn meal, mix.
- Add flour mix.
- Add milk slowly while stirring.
- Mix until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour into greased and floured 8x10 pan. Bake @ 325 to 350 for 45 to 55 minutes.
Lee has made it and tried it. Yup. It's spot-on!