Megan found this 6-22-17. Lee made it and we liked it. It's a slightly sweet, mild, and good flavor
Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- 4 1/2 to 5 lbs (1 large pack) chicken drumsticks
- 1 medium onion, pureed*
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp salt
- Optional if you want a little spice: 1 to 2 Tbsp Jamaica me sweet hot and crazy sauce
You can either puree onion using the star side on a box grater or chop into pieces and puree in a food processor or blender. Onion should be consistency of applesauce.
1. In a small bowl, stir together: onion puree, 2 Tbsp mayo, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 Tbsp salt and hot sauce if using.
2. Place chicken drumsticks into a large mixing bowl or soup pot then pour on the marinade and toss to coat. Cover with lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 6 to 8 hours or (preferably) overnight.
3. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and bake skin-side-up at 400˚F for 45 minutes then turn drumsticks over (skin-side-down) and bake another 15 minutes. For extra crispy skin, turn drumsticks again and broil 3 minutes or until skin is browned and crisp.