Oatmeal Cookies of the Year from Martha Stewart
Melissa has made these during the holidays since about 2003. They are from Martha Stewart
- 1 1/2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, sifted
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup toffee pieces (Skor is good)
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- Cream the butter, add the white and brown sugar.
- Scrape down the bowl, add egg and vanilla.
- Mix together the flour and the baking soda and add to the creamed mixture.
- Add the oatmeal, cherries, chocolate, and toffee.
- Using plastic wrap, divide into 3 logs and wrap.
- Chill and slice 1/2" thick.
- Bake on parchment (or wax papered) covered baking sheet at 350* for 8-10 mins.
- Cool on rack.