From RecipesJump to navigationJump to search
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla in a bowl, mixing until smooth.
- Pour into six ramekin dishes or custard cups.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- In a large baking dish filled half-way up with water, place custard cups.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until knife comes out clean when inserted into middle of one of the custards. (It’s ok to leave cups in water as it cools.)
- Refrigerate until serving time.